Looking to develop your career in lymphoedema, palliative and end of life care?
Come and talk to us about an exciting opportunity we have to offer you!
We have a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to work as part of our clinical team in our Day Hospice and Lymphoedema service. You must be willing to commit to undertake lymphoedema practitioner training early in 2020. This training will be fully funded by Mary Ann.
You will need to have some flexibility in your working time so as to offer lymphoedema appointments which are convenient for patients. At present our services mainly operate from 08.30am to 4.30pm, Monday –Friday, although occasional weekend working may be necessary.
You will need to be caring and compassionate, and will be responsible for and supported to provide, high quality lymphoedema care and palliative care in the hospice and community setting, supporting patients who have symptom control issues including the provision of emotional and psychological support to patients and their families. You will deliver hands on nursing care to patients working in a small team of highly skilled colleagues.
We provide clinical and reflective supervision and have an exceptional calibre of senior colleagues here to support your personal and professional development as well great team of people to work alongside each day.
We are willing to support the right nurses with funding and time to develop themselves through the following:
- Lymphoedema Practitioner Course
- Physical Health Assessment
- Independent Prescribing
- Academic qualification in palliative/end of life care
- Leadership – i.e. Mary Seacole course
We will welcome applications from Registered Nurses with:
- Current First Level registration with the NMC
- The ability to perform the role with empathy and consideration for the needs of patients and their families.
- The ability to adapt effectively to varying levels of demand as driven by patient needs or as directed by the line manager.
- Current driving licence and car essential for role
Additionally we offer the following:
- NHS Agenda for Change pay scale
- Continuation of NHS pension or private scheme
- NHS Agenda for Change annual leave
- Free car parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
Location: Mary Ann Evans Hospice, Eliot Way, Nuneaton, CV10 7QL
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 9am, 8th November 2019
Interview Date: TBA
Interested?? Then please contact Philippa Graham, Clinical Practice Lead – Philippa.Graham@geh.nhs.uk or Thom Allison, Clinical Development Lead – Thomas.Allison@geh.nhs.uk . Alternatively you can telephone 02476 865440, extension 3903
PLEASE RETURN YOUR APPLICATION FORM TO KAY GREENE, DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES – email@example.com by the closing time/date stated above.